Archive for the ‘Announcements’ Category.
To all Log Canoe skippers and owners there is a meeting being held on March 18th at 11:00am at (MRYC) Miles River Yacht Club.
A few bullet point on the agendas being discussed are:
- Loose footed jibs
- “Running rigging” on the foremast
- the appointment 1 head-measures & 3 assistant-measures
- Race Scoring (for series longer than a regatta)
- “Battle of the Bays Regatta” invitation
- Social Events
Along with other business, all the information is contained in the press release in the link bellow.
The races for this weekend are scheduled as follows:
Saturday Septemeber 10th
- Governors Cup (make-up Race) is set with a warning signal at 10:00am
- Race 1 of the Labor Day series is set with a warning signal at 2:00pm
Sunday September 11th
- Race 2 of the Labor Day series is set with a warning signal at 10:00am
- Race 3 of the Labor Day series is set with a warning signal scheduled for Immediately afer the second Race or 2:00pm
The Heritage regatta was canceled for the year due to Hurricane Irene headed for the Chesapeake bay. No make-up races are scheduled.
The forums have been fixed and are ready for discussions!!
The Chesapeake Bay Log Sailing Canoe Association was called together in a formal meeting on Saturday, June 25th.
The new officers are:
Commodore – Brad Johnson
Vice Commodore – Marshall Patterson
Rear Commodore – Cory duPont
Secretary Treasurer – Jeannie Wilson
A measurer is still needed, to officially measure all the log canoes in case any of the ratings need to be changed.
The Rules and Bylaws were reviewed and are now available to download:
Warning signal for the first race on Saturday July 9th is at 10am, with a 10:10am Start.
Warning signal for the second race on Saturday July 9th is at 2:30pm, with a 2:40pm Start.
Warning signal for the third race on Sunday July 10th is at 10am, with a 10:10 Start.